For our client Fenzi AGT in Maastricht, the world leader in the field of complex glass enamel, we are looking for an R&D Projectmanager to strengthen and professionalize the organization.
As of February 2022, our client in Maastricht changed from part of a global company in many different markets to a new organization specialized in the glass market, called Fenzi AGT.
Fenzi AGT’s products are marketed all over the world and find their way into the automotive and glass industry. The head office is located in Maastricht and the production locations are located in the Netherlands, China, the US, and various sales staff in different countries around the world.
About 200 employees work at Fenzi AGT in Maastricht. As part of the new Italian owner Fenzi (specialized in glass applications), it combines the advantages of a multinational and a medium-sized company. Fenzi is ISO 14001 certified.
Position: Project Manager
Reporting line: R&D Program Manager
Department: R&D Project management
- Ensure the preparation and execution of NPI (new product introduction) projects in the context of the product development plan in the area of glass material. To this end primarily:
- Drawing up and coordinate project plans including planning resources with project team from idea phase, through scale up, until release to market.
- Coordinate and direct all activities inherent to the projects
- Monitor the progress and achievement of objectives and milestones (like commercial launch), and report on them
- Be the focal point between the project team and the other stake holder. The project manager has the responsibility to drive the communication with other functions in the company, especially with commercial, operation and finance but also with selected customers.
- Evolve in a matrix organization and be the leader with the project team.
- Contribute to R&D strategy development and to the creation of new projects in consultation with commercial and operation departments.
- Collaborate in interdisciplinary projects and teams internal and external partners on the scope of product development, glass science and disruptive paint/paste/ ink applications.
- Support intellectual properties activities including patent survey and identification of opportunities
- Contribute to the high standard in EH&S within the company
Your strengths and qualifications:
- Master in chemistry preferably completed by a PhD ideally in material science
- Proficiency in the areas of project management with strong knowledge in stage gate process such as APQP. Knowledge of IS9001 and IATF16949 is a plus
- Strong scientific background with the ability to rapidly develop an understanding of the different program that are running in the R&D. Good knowledge in advance analytical and characterization techniques in material science (XRD, EPMA, SEM, TEM, NMR, Rheology) is a plus
- Highly skilled in scientific reporting
- Basic Finance knowledge (business cases)
- Have a sound business acumen
- 5 to 10 year experience
- Excellent written and communication skills in English. Dutch is a plus