Are you passionate about project management and sustainability?
Are you ready to lead a large and multi-disciplinary team in an effective way?
We are currently recruiting for an experienced project director to manage a large project, with scope:
(1) Set-up of supply chains and requirements for an international collection of certain feedstocks
(2) Develop chemical processes to recycle these materials
(3) Realizing a demo production plant and acceptance of the new product in the market.
In this role, you will take care of the integrated project management for a large team from several disciplines each with its challenges and milestones.
Fibrant provides solutions for a world in the transition towards a sustainable economy. Our responsibility goes beyond the products we deliver. We are committed to adding value to our employees, our partners, and society. By collaborating with all stakeholders and by focusing on innovation, we stand out from the crowd in reducing our ecological footprint. In order to achieve our ambition of becoming climate-neutral, we are prepared to make tough decisions. We are convinced that the chemical industry can contribute significantly to a more sustainable world. Our solid past will shape our future and our devoted employees will help us achieve our ambitions. That is what we call Future Forward Chemistry.
It is Fibrant’s ambition to improve and further develop our technology to deliver high-end sustainable solutions to our customers. Our global Research & Technology group steers the innovation of caprolactam technology and supports our production sites in the Netherlands and China.
The challenge is to frame this broad scope assignment into a logical plan/approach, continuously guiding and focussing all disciplines towards the goals of this plan, reacting on risks and issues, to minimize negative impact on the overall plan (timing & cost). Key stakeholders must be informed regularly.
Key areas of accountability / responsibility
In this role you are responsible for:
- realizing the goal of the project
- defining the overall project management plan and organizing the alignment and review with the steering and review team respectively. You adhere to the Project Management Protocol and organize review meetings and project phase transfers with enough challenge
- creating and maintaining the project business case
- driving and following the project risk assessment to find the right risk responses
- leading and inspiring a multidisciplinary team of experts in Marketing & Sales, Purchasing, R&D, Technology and Production
- elaborating also topics yourself, such as subsidies, partnerships or joint developments
- keeping the overview of the progress and interaction of all sub-projects
- communicating clearly and efficiently inside the project and with relevant stakeholders on progress, issues, and escalation
- delivering with the respective leaders of the sub-projects the agreed project result on time and within budget.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has 8+ years of working experience with a substantial industrial experience in development or innovation projects in the field of process chemistry or polymer chemistry
- You have a track record in project management and you have a passion to coach and challenge your team to apply an effective and efficient project-based approach
- You have an affinity for business projects, M&S, R&T, Technology, Finance (including subsidy), and Legal (IP protection)
- You are result driven, have a high level of conceptual thinking, and are able to keep an overview of complex and multi-disciplinary projects
- You must be able to commit and drive others and ensure strong result orientation
- You create networks and cooperation with all kinds of players, and in all layers of the organization. Besides this, we’re looking for someone with strong communication skills and good judgment.
In this job, you report to the Project Owner (Director Marketing & Sales).
At Fibrant we believe our people make a difference. We reward them with a competitive salary plus an attractive benefits package. We encourage our people to go beyond their job descriptions. Fibrant is a global organization with plenty of opportunities to develop yourself both professionally and personally. We work safely, care for each other and build on each other’s strengths for the success of our business. It’s our people that make us a great place to work.
Interested in this role?
Please apply through our website in English or Dutch. Reference check procedures and an assessment are part of the Fibrant recruitment & selection process. You will be contacted when these reference checks are required. In case you have questions about the role or the application process, please contact our recruitment partner Approba / Erwin Amesz at +31 46 460 00 00, email@example.com