We are currently recruiting for the position of Process Engineer at our client Fibrant Site in Geleen. It is Fibrant’s ambition to improve and further develop our technology to deliver high-end sustainable solutions to our customers. On a day-to-day basis, you will be working closely together in multidisciplinary teams improving our plant performance in order to achieve the volumes and high-quality products necessary for realizing our business strategy. While doing this you are focusing on lowering both our fixed and variable costs.
Our story begins in 1952, when we commissioned our first factory for the production of Caprolactam in The Netherlands. Nowadays, Fibrant is part of HSCC (also known as Highsun Group China). Together we are the largest Caprolactam and Ammonium Sulfate producer in the world with production facilities in The Netherlands (Geleen) and China (Fuzhou and Nanjing).
From our headquarters in the chemical heart of the Netherlands, Fibrant aims to be the undisputed market leader in Caprolactam, Cyclohexanone, and Ammonium Sulfate. Innovation and sustainability are key drivers for success. With EcoLactam®, our latest generation of products, we are proud to set the standard in low carbon footprint, bio-basedand circular Caprolactam. Fibrant serves via her valued business partners the majority of value chains amongst whichthe textile, automotive, food packaging, and agricultural chains. All rely on Fibrant’s high-quality and sustainable products.
In the Netherlands, Fibrant employs a staff of over 350 professionals, located at the head office in Urmond and the Chemelot-site in Geleen. Fibrant stands for pure chemistry which not only refers to setting the benchmark in sustainable products and innovation but also to the chemistry among employees and business partners.
The reward of working in a vibrant world
Fibrant provides solutions for a world in a transition towards a sustainable economy. Our responsibility goes beyond the products we deliver. We are committed to adding value to our employees, our partners, and society. By collaborating with all stakeholders and by focusing on innovation, we stand out from the crowd in reducing our ecological footprint.
In order to achieve our ambition of becoming climate-neutral, we are prepared to make tough decisions. We are convinced that the chemical industry can contribute significantly to a more sustainable world. Our solid past will shape our future and our devoted employees will help us achieve our ambitions. That is what we call Future Forward Chemistry.
We believe our employees make a difference. We reward you with a competitive salary plus an attractive benefitspackage. We encourage our people to go beyond their job descriptions. Fibrant is a global organization with plenty of opportunities to develop yourself both professionally and personally. We work safely, care for each other and build on strengths for the success of our business. We believe in a ‘No Bullshit’ mentality, a way of working together. It’s our people that make us a great place to work.
Key responsibilities and behaviors
As a Process Engineer, you will use your chemical background and experience to come up with ideas and solutions forad hoc issues in the production process. You will focus on short-term and middle-term troubleshooting. Aiming toimprove our Safety, Health, and Environment (SHE) performance and in order to comply with legislation, you will be conducting SHE and compliance studies. Next, you will contribute to various plant improvement projects.
In this role, you will report to the Manager Technology & Projects and you will be located in the Fibrant plant office in Geleen (The Netherlands). Our headquarters is located in Urmond, close to our operations.
Our ideal candidate
- has an MSc degree in Chemical Engineering
- has already been working as a process engineer in the chemical environment
- has general knowledge of process chemistry
- is a team player with a good sense of humor and a pragmatic, hands on-mentality
- communicates easily with people on different organizational levels both internally and externally
- likes challenging the status quo in order to improve our plant performance
- likes diving into complex challenges and working on solutions with a creative and independent mindset
- is fluent in Dutch & English; both in writing and speaking
- feels inspired by a high degree of autonomy and works in a structured manner
- knows that when working in a 24/7 environment a 9-5 mentality will not always match
What you may expect from Fibrant?
- An energetic and informal work environment
- The opportunity to have a real, global impact
- Fibrant family feeling – excellent working atmosphere with colleagues
- Substantive guidance in your development
- Market-based salary, Excellent secondary working conditions.
- A long-term employment relationship
If you have questions or want to discuss the position please contact Erwin Amesz on +31 46 460 00 00, firstname.lastname@example.org