For our client Fenzi AGT (as a part of Fenzi Group, which is the worldwide leader in chemicals for the glass processing industry), we are currently seeking an experienced Infrastructure Lead to join the IT team. You’ll play a key role in building and transforming our global IT Center of Excellence department’s future roadmap.
With headquarters at its Maastricht plant in the Netherlands near the borders with Belgium and Germany,Fenzi AGT Advanced Glass Technologiesis considered a quintessential partner in the world of glass, thanks to the superior quality of its vast range of technologies.
The Maastricht factory is a true center of expertise in materials science, operating in tandem with production facilities in the United States, Mexico, Shanghai, and Thailand, and with many other service centers on every continent. A first-class production plant and advanced industrial research laboratory, it engineers high-performance materials for the glass, ceramics, and electronics industries. This multipurpose facility is equipped with the most cutting-edge tools, including client support in developing custom products for special projects.
AGT has a wealth of experience in precious metals and currently designs, develops, and produces a vast range of high-tech products for automotive glass, electronic components, tableware, advanced ceramics, and traditional and technical glass markets. Products like special glass enamels for the automotive industry, conductive silver pastes, inks made with precious metals, ceramic enamels for decoration of architectural glass, home appliances, and hollow glass, all enjoy an outstanding international reputation and set AGT apart as a primary resource for glass manufacturers and processors aiming to produce end products with the finest quality and performance levels. A culture of quality and a quest for excellence has always been part of the Group’s history.
Specialists, since day one, in glass decoration with precious metals
Production in the Netherlands began in Maastricht in the second half of the 19th century when the eminent Regout family started a decoration business in the city, producing and supplying liquid gold, initially to the ceramics industry and then to the glass industry.
A long-standing tradition of achievements contributed to making the Maastricht plant a key actor in the production and supply of precious metals, pigments, and glass-based materials, not only for the European market but also globally. This pivotal growth plan promises to thrive as part of the Fenzi Group and will benefit from its extensive, unique global network within the glass industry.
Located in the industrial area of Beatrixhaven, just outside Maastricht, the AGT plant is now one of the Fenzi Group centers of excellence for decorative glass materials and the base of operations for crucial production activities, innovation, and development.
IT Center of Excellence Department
You will be supporting the Global IT manager in the planning of and, building up of the IT center of excellence (based in Maastricht) and the future roadmap of this fast-moving IT modernizing and centralization transformation in which a future-proof (cloud-based) global infrastructure environment is the primary focus. Maintainability, cost-effectiveness, and security will be key elements in this.
Maintaining service to users and our global sites is imperative during this process and you will be assisting in managing IT vendors and 3rd parties.
We are looking for a candidate who has experience, preferably in a medium-sized international company, or who is willing to build up experience in this role. A strong technical infrastructure background in combination with conceptual, architectural, and communication skills is key. Experience with cloud-based environments in a manufacturing environment and experience with managing small teams is a plus.
- Support in developing the future roadmap and IT infrastructure strategy and responsible for developing a global IT infrastructure architecture. Identify and select standard IT solutions to meet current and future business and IT requirements
- Support the design, development, and implementation of projects/rollouts related to the global IT infrastructure while assisting in developing the IT architecture standards, including cloud, storage, server, networking, and client-related projects
- Supporting the operation and maintenance of the IT systems to attain stable, reliable, secure, and uninterrupted operations by delivering first and second-line support, active change management and upgrade planning, considering technological developments and changing needs
- Proactively solve IT problems and/or by advising businesses to structurally resolve problems
- Support in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the IT infrastructure security standards
- Support in setting up and managing contracts with multiple IT vendors and external parties
- Limited travel within Europe and other regions
We believe the ideal candidate has:
- A bachelor of IT degree or equivalent
- Minimal 8 years of practical experience in IT Infrastructure area, ideally in a comparable position in a manufacturing environment with multiple/global locations
- Good English communication skills (written and spoken) are required
- Broad specialist in all matters concerning architecture, security, hardware, software, and networking, preferably in a Microsoft cloud-based environment
- A strong communicator
- Structured and proactive
- Quality and security-aware
- Customer focused
- Good organizer
- Team player
Excellent primary and secondary working conditions (including an annual bonus scheme). This role will be working from our Maastricht office within our flexible working policy.
If you have questions or want to discuss the position please contact Erwin Amesz at +31 (0)46 460 00 00, firstname.lastname@example.org