An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified and experienced Business Development Manager (Permanent) to join our busy team based in the Netherlands. In this role you will improve, develop and maintain business of A‑Gas international and its subsidiaries in the EU (but not limited to) to enable the achievement of our business objectives.
We’re an industry leader, bringing 20 years’ experience and excellence to our customers all around the world. We are proud of our reputation for delivering innovation, quality, great customer care, and regulatory expertise to provide you with complete solutions.
Founded in 1993 with headquarters in Bristol UK, A‑Gas International is a leading independent supplier of speciality chemicals and gases worldwide.
We focus on:
- Refrigerants ; used for heat exchange in air conditioning and chilling applications
- Industrial special products ; including industrial and speciality gases used in a variety of applications
- Environmental services ; providing full environmental services for the recovery and reclamation of environmentally-sensitive products such as HCFCs, HFCs, halon and associated products
- Performance chemicals ; including blowing agents used in the manufacture of insulating foams and electronic processes; and specialist chemicals distributed to the semi-conductor, printed circuit board, electronic and industrial metal finishing, photovoltaic and advanced packaging technology industries
- Fire protection ; recovery, reclamation, storage and management of halons, supply and reclamation of clean agent fire suppressants such as HFC227ea, HFC125, and HFC236fa
A-gas Ltd invests in facilities of the highest quality and standards: purpose-built and engineered to the latest technological advances.
Our engineering teams around the world are dedicated to developing the best services, and our customised automated filling plants and cylinder tracking system ‘Cyltrak’ enable us to fully track our cylinders throughout the supply chain, and give you data for reports.
Using state-of-the-art refrigerant separation facilities, we reprocess unusable halon and refrigerants into usable products. Launched initially in the UK in 2011, and winning the RAC Cooling Award for Innovation in Refrigeration, our separation technology and expertise are used throughout our business.
From innovative ideas to successful product delivery, our comprehensive development process continuously brings new products and services to the marketplace, including: Trace-A‑Gas®, REFRIG HEAL+H CHECK and Gas‑Trak Online (GTO).
Job Purpose: Lead business development activities across Europe for packaged special gases. Promote and develop the Company’s packaged hazardous waste gas disposal services.
Liaise with customers, Environmental Authorities and colleagues to ensure that waste streams are appropriately tracked, priced, shipped and recorded so that our legal obligations & business objectives are met.
Reports to: Commercial Director Europe
Scope: The role is predominantly, but not exclusively focussed on Europe and may involve securing waste streams for other A-Gas group companies where needed.
Principal Place of Work
Option 1: The premises in Eygelshoven with extensive travel to A-Gas customers, supplier or other sites as required.
Option 2: Home based in Northern Europe, with extensive travel to A-Gas customers, suppliers and sites as required
- Review, analyse and identify opportunities to secure packaged waste gas streams from Europe to maximise penetration of the European waste market
- Plan, prioritise and manage packaged special gas sales activities ensuring that activities with the greatest opportunity (financial or strategic) are pursued to support the growth and profitability of the business
- Maintain and develop existing accounts to maximise the waste secured, as well as identifying and securing ancillary special gas sales, so that opportunities from existing customers are realised
- Organise quotes and negotiate terms with customers that maximise the profitability of the account and mitigate commercial risks
Actively manage the export/import process and documentation to ensure efficient, cost effective and lawful execution
- Support and work collaboratively with the EU site team, identifying issues and risks associated with sales so that orders are fulfilled and payment received
Identify opportunities for business development including products, services, sectors or M&A opportunities in order to support the business with growth plans
- Work in accordance with all company policies relating to health & safety
- Bachelor or Master degree
- Fluent Dutch and English with German and ideally French. Further languages an advantage
- 5+ Years in a commercial role in gas or hazardous waste
- Preferably familiar with EU waste legislation and associated business processes
Task and project
- Commercially aware and thinks strategically; takes a long term view of the business and its external environment during activities and projects
- Curious and seeks opportunity
- Able to develop and execute an effective, stretching and commercial sales plan
- Able to analyse problems and implement effective solutions; makes responsible and financially sound decisions and knows when to take calculated risks
- Able to analyse information and recommend appropriate action
- Systematically plans, monitors and successfully executes projects, objectives and tasks; able to manage conflicting priorities
- Good attention to detail
- Critically appraises current activities and opportunities, drives continuous improvement and development of processes
Teamwork and communication
- Friendly, accommodating and a service orientated manner, performing activities in a way which results in high service levels
- Contributes to and supports an engaging, open and positive team environment, promoting team working and a sense of fun
- Works collaboratively and shares information for the success of the team
- Able to work build effective relationships, both internally and externally
- Strong communicator with the ability to present technical or complex information; able to adapt style to audience
- Able to influence others and build commitment to own agenda; able to stand their ground when necessary
- Sound listening skills and able to take on board the views of others in assessing the right way to move forward
- Coaches and support others; able to pass on experience and effectively advise members of the team
Self-management and motivation
- Self-starter driven to do what it takes to achieve the optimum outcome; demonstrates commitment to the business
- Accountable for results not just actions; owns the issue
- Tenacious and diplomatic: drives results whilst maintaining relationships
- Reflects on own performance, seeks feedback from others and takes responsibility for own development; maintains professional and technical development and accreditations
- Consistently delivers under pressure; manages frustrations and exhibits self-control
- Demonstrates resilience and bounces back from setbacks
- Adapts flexibly to new challenges and circumstances; able to change behaviour to match circumstances
- Behaves with integrity and fairness and treats people with respect
- Ensures own behaviour is safe and commits to all safety practices
The opportunity to be part of a dynamic fast-paced Company with an expanding footprint and competitive benefits package. Consistently listed in the Sunday Times Fast Track index of fastest-growing UK Companies, you will be joining a team that has won numerous awards for pioneering development of technology. Key to our success is the engagement and development of our talented group of people who are dedicated to our continued growth and setting new standards of excellence and achievement.
Now is a great time to join us! This role will be challenging and busy yet exciting. On offer in return is a fantastic work, life and fun balance, a great work environment plus the chance to make a real contribution to the future success of the business.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria and wish to be considered for the role of Business Development manager, please apply!
If you have questions or want to discuss the position please contact Erwin Amesz on +31 46 460 00 00, email@example.com or twitter.com/approba
Indien u vragen heeft of de vacature wilt bespreken, neemt u dan contact op met Erwin Amesz op +31 46 460 00 00, firstname.lastname@example.org of twitter.com/approba