Protomation bv, based in Sittard, The Netherlands is a leading company in the development and licensing of state of the art simulation software and simulation models for the processing industries. Since its inception Protomation’s Operator Training Software have remained at the forefront as a result of own developments. In this capacity, we developed a comprehensive software suite to develop Operator Training Simulators and the deployment of operator training curriculum: Process Studio.
Due the fact that the demand for Operator Training Simulators is worldwide expanding Protomation is looking for highly skilled and enthusiastic people.
Protomation B.V. is a privately owned Dutch company. We develop software instruments and render technical services for the oil, gas and chemical industry and training institutes. Our focus is primary on process and production simulation.
With over 30 years of know-how and experience in the field of production processes, process control and process simulation, Protomation supplies state-of-the-art operator training simulators to enable customers to optimize their processes.
Our vision is to be the preferred world provider of high-fidelity Operator Training solutions. We are constantly focusing on innovating. We believe that we need to own and control the software behind the products that we make. We do not settle for anything less than excellence. We have the courage to change.
The Department / Project Portfolio Manager will effectuate:
- In the role as department manager, that the know-how and skills of the engineers in the department as required for the execution of the projects will be maintained and further increased, and continuously adapted to the market demands.
- In the role as project portfolio manager, in close cooperation with the Lead Engineers and Lead Developers, that all projects are carried out within frameworks such as costs, time and specifications.
The Department / Project Portfolio Manager reports to the Managing Director of Protomation bv
- Manages the engineers in the department with respect to know-how, skills, education and training in order to continuously keep up with market demands.
- Manages the project portfolio of the projects that are under his responsibility. Is responsible for realizing all aspects of the projects within the budgeted costs, time and specifications.
- In close cooperation with the Lead Engineer manages and coordinates all required resources (both internal as external resources) for the execution of the projects.
- Carries out a part of the engineering activities for his projects, whenever required, including model engineering and application engineering.
- Organizes and leads the project portfolio progress meetings.
- Monitors and communicates scope changes internally with the Marketing & Sales Manager and Managing Director.
- Has the overall responsible for the final successful delivery of all projects to the clients.
- Initiates and participates in meetings with clients abroad.
- Sees to that the projects are carried out according to state-of-the-art project management methods and in accordance with Protomation’s ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System.
- Reports the department performance and project portfolio results to the Managing Director.
- B.Sc. (+) / M.Sc. / M.Eng.: preferable Process Engineering
- Relevant working experience in process engineering as well as experience / affinity with simulation modeling and preferable software development.
- Can lead and participate in a team of highly educated and skilled process modeling and software specialists.
- Anticipates potential project risks in project schedule, performance and costs
- Exhibits positive and encouraging behavior in all circumstances and is able to motivate department and team members as well as customers with respect to project approach and project targets.
- Can focus and distinguish main issues from (less important) details
- Can play a representative and connective role in contact with clients
- Good command of the English language, and preferably as well a second foreign language (e.g. German language).
- Willingness to learn the Dutch language (Level 1 NT2-program)
- Ability to maintain overview
- Proactive attitude, drive to learn and improve skills
- Strong quality awareness, drive to continuously improve performance, while following standards
- Good communication skills
- Sensitive for colleagues in the work environment
- A lot of attention for individual performance and talent management
- Excellent terms of employment in an open and dynamic work environment
If you have questions or want to discuss the position please contact Erwin Amesz on +31 46 460 00 00 or firstname.lastname@example.org